Friday, March 23, 2012

My first script writing job..........

Hi all....

I thought it was time to share what I am doing!

Someone saw that I share others a great deal and thought they would share something with me. Due to my writing a story about Zombies I was given the name of a production company that was looking for writers. It seems that this little story of mine caught the eye of one of their friends and it got me in the door so to speak.

After writing them and sending them, not a script teaser, but a piece of the story, I was sent a little something to sign, then a few emails later was given the okay to write seasons one and two of a production in the making that will go along with the movie that is already being filmed. I am indeed writing those two parts from my story, only starting off before my book begins and working my way into the tale itself.

This is my first time to write a script and I have been doing my homework. I went so far as to research those who have been doing screenwriting for years. I was able to get intouch with one of the best...Paul Cooper...who in-turn sent me a mini course in screenwriting with other avenues to help me in my new adventure, and all because he was a very nice man and wished me well. : ) Very exciting to say the lease.

If I write these scripts well, and they are enjoyed by the production company, I will sign another contract and my work will go into film. No matter the out-come...other than the birth of my child and grandchildren, and becoming a published author...this is by far the most exciting thing I have ever done!!!

I will be studying all day and have been for the last few days....and either tonight or starting tomorrow, I will sit here and write season one 'Before it Happened' my very first script. No way could I have just jumped in not knowing as much as I could...it is truly night and day different from writing a novel.

I will keep you all informed on how things are going. And will give you more info on the company and the story that brought this all to life as soon as I can ; ) I can tell you this...the story is under contract with Hellfire Publishing and I could not be more proud of that fact~~~

Have a great day...Big Hugs~<3

No comments:

Post a Comment