Saturday, March 17, 2012

Please Welcome Guest Author A. L. McBee



A. L. McBee is Hellfire Publishing's youngest author, who turned 6 years old at the end of 2011. Her first co-authored book is being released in April. She is also going to be having her very first ever interview on the Herald very soon. Today we are sharing a little about her world and the world of her Toodlegnomes.


Ms. McBee was two and a half when she first discovered her Toodlegnomes along with the dreaded Bumble Bee Dragons, who have learned of the magic Crystals that keep the Village of the Toodlegnome's alive. And the one they want the most is the one that keeps all natural color in the world of the tiny beings. The Multi-colored Crystal, controls every flower, vegetable and vine that grows in and around the Village.  This is where the adventure begins.



She saw a Dragon-fly when we were on vacation at the lake and right away called it a Bumble Bee Dragon...and it stuck. Her pup was named Toodles and well, one day Toodlegnome came out her mouth and we had our Village dwellers. The next summer we had plastic swords and was up after everyone else went to bed, out running up and down the sidewalk by our Cabana, fighting the horrid Bumble Bee Dragons, trying to take back the stolen Crystals..LOL Yep, we really did this and we did it every summer until she was four and a half...talking and continuing our adventure throughout the year, waiting until we would have our next vacation, back at the lake in Texas.



Soon she was finding all sorts of bugs and giving them new names...like the Bell Beetles and Purple Murples...and believe me there are many more.

This is not a picture book, it's a long children's tale that is about 60 pages long, and will be a running series for as long as the grands enjoy writing about their Toodlegnomes and I say their, because the youngest is now old enough to really enjoy the adventure that her older sister and I have been on for the last four years. ; )


And here are a few words from the Author herself...
Ms. A. L. McBee:

hello everybody its very nice to be on my grandmas blog.  thanks for reading about my book. happy st patricks day.

...........

Please feel free to ask her an interview question and if her parents pick it, you will win her book when it is released, and have your name in the interview on the Herald.  We will be sure to let you all know the day of her very first interview...We are all very excited!!!!

And please feel free to leave her a comment right now because she will be popping in and out throughout the day to see what you all have to say and to answer and chat with you. ; )

Great Big Hugs to you all~



A cute thing that A. L. McBee did yesterday. She set down and started writing by hand another book, then stopped for a bit and began drawing on another page. Her mommy came in and asked what she was doing. "I'm writing another story, only this time im not just the author, I'm also the illustrater." LOL I think she will grow up to be one of the world's greats if she keeps this up. ; )



14 comments:

  1. A.L. I had to make sure that I was the first to say 'Hello' and 'Thank you' for allowing me to be apart of this amazing adventure with you!

    Grandma is so very proud of you and I cannot wait until we can began our next great adventure in book two this summer...It is gonna be so much fun!!! Only this year we need new swords, so be sure and tell your daddy..LOL

    Love you and your little sister with everything that God gave a Grandmother to love with, baby girl...Big Hugs~<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the exciting world being an author A.L.!

    I would love to know what A.L.'s favorite part of creating her story was. :)

    And like I tell my own daughter: Don't be afraid to let your imagination run wild! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey baby girl! I can't wait to get your book, I'm so proud of you! You are such a wonderful kid and I know you're gonna go far! Love you baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good morning A.L.! I am so very pleased to meet you! I can't wait to read about the adventures your Toodlegnomes take us on! And my question for you is...what is your favorite book that you've read and why?

    Also, if your schedule isn't too busy now that you're a new author, I would be honored to have you be a gust on my blog as well. Your grandma knows the place and we can work it all out if you say yes! ; )
    I bet you're very excited about your book coming out, I know I get that way when I have a new book : ) Out of all the blog posts I have read, I think this is my favorite! Good Luck to you A.L., and I hope to see many many more of your books in the years to come!



    @Robin, I can't tell you how you have touched my heart with this post. I can't wait for Logan to be just a little older and see what adventures he has in store for his Grandma! What a wonderful way to start my day than by reading about "Love" and thats what I can feel here.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats A.L. on your new book!!!! I can't wait to read about Toodlegnomes!!! Do you plan on writing another book???

    (Logan typing) onjnoi9082nh;olk jk;jhpoi2398h noihjnpih902hn 9jn kjh089y nkj hauiyhg890

    Logan's question is... What advise would ou give to an inspiring young author?.


    Sarah R. & Logan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning A.L.! It's lovely to meet you. I'm so excited for your book release and very proud of you!!!! Your story sounds great and I'll be buying it the day it comes out.

    I have a question for you. What is your favorite character in your new book and can you tell us a little bit about them?

    Have a wonderful day everyone! Robin, this post just made my day!!!!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Miss Mcbee.
    I am so proud of you.
    I would like to know who is your biggest hero and why?
    You are going to inspire so many imaginations of other little girls and boys.
    Keep yours growing.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too.
    Lots of Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy St Patrick's day Robin and A.L. McBee! I can't think of a good question but if I do later I will post it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all....Ms. A.L. Mcbee will be here shortly to reply. Right now she is into her cartoons and playing dolls..LOL But afterwards and when we have her little sister into something...she will come type her own message to each and everyone that has comment.

    Many thanks to you all for stopping by...This woman knew she could count on her friends and those who had a great respect for the new authors of the world!

    Big Hugs to you all~<3

    P.S. She will not be answering interview question today! Those will be addressed on The Herald very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new book A.L.! I can't wait to buy it for my girls to read and read it too! I'll bet it's amazing! I'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your upcoming release of your new book, A.I! It sounds like tons of fun so i'll bet that's the kind of book it is...especially if you take after your very talented grandmother, which I expect you do. Good luck now and always in your writing career!

    My interview question: If you could actually be one of the characters in your book, who would you be and why?

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A.L. McBee You are already one of the greats, to me. You are awesome and as long as you live you will ahve a place at HF Publishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you i like what you said and i will. have fun and i will talk later cause we are playing. a.l.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL..Well, I guess that was her way of saying she was having to much fun right now and thought it was way easier to just answer all at one time. ; )

    She said she would be back...after we play outside for a while..LOL

    Okay I have to hurry. ; )

    Big Hugs~<3

    ReplyDelete